1000 NW 57th Court
6TH Floor
Miami, FL 33126

Alcoholic Beverages

alcoholCertain beer and wine products are subject to the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) registration and labeling requirements.  Generally, FDA regulations apply to those wine and beer products that are not regulated by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), which includes wine products containing less than 7 percent alcohol by volume, such as wine coolers, cooking wine, and ciders (in which the alcohol has been removed); as well as non-malted beers containing substitutes for malted barley such as sorghum, rice or wheat, or are made without hops. These products are subject to FDA’s labeling requirements.


FDA Solutions Group offers assistance with the following registration and compliance requirements:


Food Facility Registration & U.S. Agent Service


The FDA requires domestic and foreign facilities that manufacture, process, pack, or hold food or beverages, including alcoholic beverages for importation or distribution in the United States to register with the FDA. Click here to get started.


TTB Permit Applications


The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) of the Federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF), grants permits and licenses to companies operating alcoholic beverage businesses beverages (including beer, wine, and distilled spirits).   Importers, wholesalers and distributors of alcoholic beverages must obtain a permit from TTB before beginning their business operations. Click here to get started.